Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Mother's day trip

Yesterday we ventured out to Harlow Carr, the RHS garden in Harrogate.It was my choice for my Mother's day treat and we were lucky as we managed to dodge the rain showers. The alpine house was full of colour.



This bug hotel looks like a 5 star residence for all types of creepy crawlies, unfortunately it is obviously too luxurious as they didn't want to come out for a photo.




I love to see a neat well prepared empty veg bed, so much promise of good things to come.

I do enjoy going to Harlow Carr and this time Geo decided he wanted to go off exploring on his own. He came back when coffee and cakes were mentioned and he was covered in mud, -don't ask! On the way home we stopped at Wetherby for a wander round and a spot of lunch, and Geo bought me a bouquet of flowers( which I have forgotten to take a picture of).
Inspired by my garden visit I have taken photos of my own garden before everything bursts into life. It looks very unkempt and overgrown but it wont take long to get it into shape. 




I have been cracking on with my African flower blanket and have started to join them together as I go along, I thought it was going to be difficult to do so I had opted for sewing them all together at the end, but I tried it and it was surprisingly easy so that's the way I'm going to do it.


And finally before I go I spotted this heart shaped scar on a tree yesterday and wanted to send it to my own special mum on mother's day, love you loads mum.xxx













No comments:

Post a Comment