Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken nuggets

Little T had a friend over for tea tonight and requested homemade chicken nuggets, so I thought I would share my recipe with you. It originally comes from my mum in law and always goes down well.
                                          
                                              Chicken nuggets

1 3/4lb minced chicken
6oz fine oats
6oz grated cheese
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
crushed cornflakes

Mix all the ingredients together and form into balls. Roll in crushed  cornflakes. This amount will make quite a lot of nuggets depending on how big you make the balls.( I find myself making them bigger and bigger each time as I love them.) Cook at 180c  on a greased baking tray for 20 mins, turning halfway.



I usually make a big batch as they freeze really well and are handy to have in. If cooking them from frozen allow 40mins.



 Give them a go you wont be disappointed, these two weren't.


1 comment:

  1. What fabulous chicken nuggets! Thank you for this recipe, I tried it and my children absolutely love them.
    Highly recommended to other readers.
    I look forward to further suggestions!

    ReplyDelete