Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New year, new storage

It's been such a long time since my last post but I'm back with renewed vigour. Our broadband speed has increased slightly so hopefully it won't be quite so frustrating trying to post on my blog, that was one of the reasons for my absence, it was just more effort than it was worth.
Anyway we have had a bit of a move round at home in order to create some more storage space for my crafting materials. Hubby has the study to himself and it's full of teeny tiny soldiers which take up a surprisingly large amount of space given their size.My wool and other bits have to make do with wherever I can hide them, but not any more, I now have a HUGE cupboard and it's all mine. 
  


It arrived yesterday from a local antiques centre and I love it. It's already on it's way to being full but I do have one spare shelf . Hmm might need a trip to a yarn shop.




It;s arrived just in time to store all the bits needed for my newest craft- rag rugging. I got a kit for xmas which included the hessian, rugging tool and cutting gauge. The idea is to recycle old clothes into something beautiful for the house, but I didn't have any so a trip into town yielded six xxl mens t-shirts from a cheap clothes shop in co-ordinating colours so I could crack on. Looking good so far don't you think? It's very easy and therapeutic.


But I've got a long way to go yet and I'm not sure the t-shirts that I bought will be enough may have to get some more.


Hopefully I will be back soon to show you some of my finished crochet projects. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment