Monday, February 6, 2012

New project


Before I reveal my new venture, I must show you my latest finished items. I made this scarf a couple of weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it. It's lovely and snuggly to wear and I finished it just in time for the cold weather that we are all experiencing. Another winter warmer I made last week were these mittens. I was surprised at how easy they were to make. They are knitted on four needles so no sewing up involved - always a bonus. There are plenty of free patterns on the web for mittens it's  just a matter of finding a pattern that suits you.   


I made them with the Rowan creative focus that I bought a few weeks ago, it was meant to be used to crochet a pair of mary jane slippers but I changed my mind at the last minute. The wool is nice and warm just right for mittens. I'm ridiculously proud of them and show them to anyone who shows the slightest interest, even shopkeepers. I fancy making another pair now but with a fair isle type pattern. Watch this space. 


Anyway onto my new project. Look at this lovely yarn. It's Rowan handknit cotton, It comes in a fantastic range of colours and is nice to work with. I get so excited when my wool order arrives. I'm like a kid with new toys. I pace backwards and forwards to the window watching for the postie and can't settle to anything in case I miss him. It arrived on Thursday and I have been busy with it ever since. Do you want to see what I have made?...


these African flower hexagons. Aren't they beautiful?


I'm going to make a throw for the spare bed, it'll be a big project as I've calculated that 270 hexagons will be needed. I've made 23 so far.


The pattern can be found on  Heidi bears blog. She does a very good tutorial, it's incredibly easy to follow even for a beginner like me. It's going to look fabulous when it's finished ( fingers crossed).
A quick update on Matilda, she is much the same as she was, still eating and drinking only minute amounts. She definitely doesn't want to come out now in the snow, I lifted her out onto the grass this morning and she dashed back inside, don't blame her really. Must go now as I've got a friend coming this afternoon and I'm teaching her to crochet, it's catching isn't it?





No comments:

Post a Comment